Teen Shiver Tabs

October 13, 2011

We've got questions, you've got answers

It’s October. A month for costumes and horror flicks, for colder weather and pumpkin lattes. And though it may be early, it's the month I begin reflecting on the best books of 2011. We’ve still got two and half glorious months left to read some of the best and boldest books of the year, but I’m already counting my favorites and reveling in all their mind-blowing fabulosity. Yesterday, not able to contain my excitement, I started my Best of 2011 list. It didn’t take long, I know who my babies are. And as thrilled as I was with the titles staring back at me, I couldn’t help wondering who might join their ranks by New Year’s Eve.

My question for you today is this: if you had to make your Best YA Books of 2011 list today, who would be in your number one spot? Let us know! :D


5 comments:

  1. My number one spot would go to Rachel Vincent for If I Die. I waited months for this book. Counted down days and stalked Netgalley for it to go up. I was able to score a FC from the publisher just a few weeks before and could not wait to read it. I love Ms. Vincent and her writing. Soul Screamers is an awesome series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's a tie between Jennifer Archer's THROUGH HER EYES (I love a good ghost story, and this one is so atmospheric and eloquent) and Kelley Creagh's NEVERMORE (because I'm an Edgar Allen Poe junky). I can't choose!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deff Delirium by Lauren Oliver, the Near Witch by victoria schwab, and daughter of smoke and bone by laini taylor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say Hunger Games. It's not from 2011, but I read it in 2011. It got me back into reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all these answers...and jotting the newbies down to read. :)

    ReplyDelete